Saturday, August 30, 2008

We Survived Week One

We survived week one of school. The kids handled it better than I did. I love sleeping until I wake up in the morning....without an alarm clock. Say goodbye to those days!! I will see them again come Christmas break. Anyway, Addison is in Mrs. Henderson's class. I have taught with Mrs. Henderson for four years. I knew she would be Addison's first grade teacher the moment I met her. We have been anxiously awaiting first grade. Addison's wonderful teacher from last year is next door to her, so she will be well taken care of again this year.

Brock started back this week as well. This was the first year that I have not walked the kids to their class. Since I am back in kindergarten, I didn't think the 5 year olds could handle their teacher being out the first morning. So, Michael walked Addison to her class (one hall over from me!) and then took Brock to his school. Brock's best buddy is not with him this year, so it has been a bit harder for him. It was hard on me too when I took him on Tuesday morning. He will have a good year, but I am ready to have him at school with me (and not pay for private PK!!)

My class is great! I wish I show their little faces to you. I have some diverse personalities this year. It will be interesting.

On Friday, Michael took Brock to Tom's to go fishing. They were also working some deer, so Brock got to get up close to the deer. He loved every minute of it. He took his deer Webkinz to show "Little Stuff" his family. We should have some pictures of Brock with the deer soon. For now, just pics of deer.

This morning, I heard Brock's video game being played. I assumed that he was laying on his bed playing it, although it did seem to be very loud. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw Brock (picture at the bottom).....say goodbye to the old fashioned magazine!

I am so thankful for this three day weekend! I am taking a nap tomorrow...it will be a great day!









3 comments:

Holly said...

That picture of Brock is the funniest thing I have ever seen... One day he will be embarrassed by that picture!! :) haha

So glad you first week went well...

The Byrd's Nest said...

Glad you had a great week with your class and so happy Addison loves her teacher.

The picture of Brock is hilarious!!

Baker Family said...

That picture of Brock and his video game is a riot! Save that one for the high school year book one day. :) Glad you enjoyed your first week. I had a good week as well-I'm just worn out!