Saturday, May 31, 2008

Update

Here is the latest with our family:
  • Brock finished preschool this past Friday. He is going to spend next week with Memaw and Papa....just like old times, except now Papa is retired so they will keep each other busy all day doing things like fishing and playing outside.
  • Addison has 4 more days of school. She graduates from Kindergarten on Tuesday. I'm sure I will have a few pictures to post. She has her end of the year party on Thursday and then she is officially on summer vacation. She has recently expressed an interest in playing tennis (only because she can wear a skirt when she plays). So the week after school is out, she will be attending tennis camp at the new high school in Rockwall. Brock and I will be roaming around Rockwall for 4 hours every morning :)
  • Michael is working constantly. If he is not at the fire station, he is mowing yards. Hopefully we will have some good family time this weekend. He has his major vacation time coming up at the fire station. Although, he won't be able to stop mowing, we will have him home a little more during the month of June. I think we have decided to stay close to home for vacation this year (Thank you gas prices!!!) We are going to do short trips around the metroplex instead.
  • I have 5 more days of school. YEAH! Although I have battled a stomach virus twice in the past two weeks, I am feeling better. I can't believe I used 2 sick days within the last three weeks of school. I am looking forward to being home this summer. I may take a class or two towards my masters, but I am mainly going to be a mommy & wife. One more week of work........
  • This Thursday, Michael and I will celebrate 9 years of marriage. We are going to celebrate by both of us going to work :) We are such exciting people! Hopefully we can get out over the weekend for an adult meal that doesn't involve french fries and a toy.

Look out summer......here we come!

2 comments:

Holly said...

First off, Congrats on 9 years!! I can't believe it has been that long. Yeah for Addison to graduate kindergarden!! Very excited for her! Brock will have way to much fun fishing and being outside!! I will be in Ringling for a fews days in July. Maybe you guys can come up and see us!! I know you miss me!!!!!!!!!!!

I love so many updated posts!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! You and Brock are ALWAYS welcome over here while Addison is taking her lesson. I know he would be WAY outnumbered with four little girls but we would love to see you!