Sunday, May 11, 2008

Getting Settled

It has been almost two months since we moved into the house and it is just now starting to feel like home. The kids are extremely happy. They love to be outside! Michael and I love it because it is so peaceful. About 10 cars drive down our road a day, as opposed to 10 cars every 2 minutes at our old house. I have tried to post as many pictures as I could. It took me forever. I assure you this will be the longest post that I ever do.....



These are the babies that live on our front porch. We have two in the front and four in the back. Please do not be offended if you walk up to the house and see a pile of bird poo on our porch. The nest will be removed when the babies are gone :)


I couldn't have a post without our real babies. This is before Brock's program last week.
Addison is growing up a bit too fast!


Here is the house....


Our view from the backporch


My mother's day gift...a bird feeder.


It was exactly what I wanted.


I also got a hummingbird feeder. We had a hummingbird come about 30 minutes after Michael put it up. I hope we get more.

Front of the house

Michael has already been to work on the flower beds.

Inside the arch is where the babies live.


Walking into the house

Living room

We love these windows

I'm not sure what to do about curtains or blinds.

Any ideas are welcomed...


Back of the house
Michael built this from a kit. It took about a week of doing it at night.


Office


We can't find a desk. We may have one made.


Office
Going out of the office
Dining Room

This is on the right when you walk into the house
Looking into the office from the entry way



Our bedroom

Our bedroom
Our bedroom
Play Room

Our neighbor, Hunter
Playroom




Kitchen, looking out the back
Informal dining

Look at the two birdhouses that Michael's aunt & uncle made for us ;)

Kitchen
Our bathroom

No secrets in this shower (or privacy!)
Michael's side and his potty room





Addison's bedroom

Brock's bedroom
Brock's bedroom
This hallway leads to the kids bedrooms.

The utility room is on the right.

This is the hallway out of the kitchen the other way.

It leads to the 1/2 bath (open door) and the garage (closed door).

It also leads back around to the living room/entry way.


Guest bedroom

Guest bedroom

Guest bathroom Storage in the hall by the kids room.
The other half of Addison's bedroom.
Michael and I have been extremely blessed! We thank the Lord every day for all he has given us. Come see us soon!








3 comments:

Holly said...

Well it is about time!!!!!! And the MEADOR looks great above the door! I know you think about me every time you see it!! haha

The whole house looks great!!

Baker Family said...

You're new house is beautiful!! I can't wait to see it in person. You can't say anything else about our "mansion" over here...you're house has so many rooms!

The Byrd's Nest said...

I LOVE that all of that built in storage! Wow! Wow! Wow!

I can't wait to see it in person!!