Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Birthday Express

We have been taking a ride on the birthday express. Just in the last two Saturdays, we have attended five birthday parties. Two last week and three today. The kids have had fun, but we are tired and broke! Tonight, Addison attended a costume birthday party. She was able to try out her pumpkin princess outfit. She looked beautiful! We will have to take a picture on Halloween to show her skirt lighting up. Since Michael was at the station, Brock and I had a date night. It was all good for Brock....he got a buffalo webkinz named Buffy. But he will tell you that he only got it because Mommy had a coupon ;)
Brock was tring really hard to be mad, but he just couldn't do it. A few seconds after the picture was taken, he was rolling around on the floor laughing.
Room Mom....when I taught in my previous district, we did not have room moms. So when I changed districts, I was amazed that a mother actually planned parties. For the past four years, my room moms have gotten better and better. This year, I didn't even take applications, I just kept the same mom I had last year (since I went back to kinder, I got to have her last child). She is one of the most amazing women I have ever met. I will go into more detail about that later. But she came into my room on Friday with a bundle of flowers. We had our fall carnival on Friday night and she knew I would be at school from 7 in the morning until dark. She takes care of me, treats me like a queen. This is what it feels like when parents respect and admire the fact that you pour your heart out for their kids. It's nice to be appreciated! Thanks, Mandie!!
Just to clarify....planning parties is not all she does for us. I will dedicate an entire post to her when I get a picture to go with it. All I have to say is my next room mom better starting taking notes now. She will have big shoes to fill!

3 comments:

betsy green said...

Kathy,
Addison's costume is so cute! Did you make it? Sounds like you and Brock had fun. The REAL reason I am commenting is because I am so GLAD your room mom does such a great job! It really does make a HUGE difference. Have a great week!
Betsy

The Byrd's Nest said...

I LOVE Addison's costume, I knew it would be precious and girly!

I am so thankful you have someone that takes such good care of you Kathy...you deserve it!

Baker Family said...

We don't have room mom's either, but I sure wish we did. It would be so nice to not have to plan and deal with all that stuff myself!

Still no baby on our end...I'm so ready! I'm thinking that Halloween would be okay-I even have a cute baby Halloween outfit from Collin that Luke could wear. Cross your fingers for me, k? Nov 10th is just to far!