Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The State Fair of Texas

Today was our fair day holiday. This is the first time, in twelve years of teaching, that I actually went to the fair on the holiday. We saw so many people that we knew. We even met up with Ethan, Brock's best buddy, from preschool. The boys are not in the same class this year and they miss each other so much. When they get together, there is alot of dreaming about animal adventures to foreign lands. These boys are tight! Ethan, Brock & Addison on the canoe ride
Addison, race car driver
Walking into the Midway
Brock and Ethan in front of Big Tex Brock, Addison & Daddy with Big Tex


More rides.....
Making Daddy proud on the fire truck ride ;)
Addison ~ future firefighter
This bear and one other ride spun so much that Addison got a little sick at her stomach. We had to take a rest time while Daddy and Brock played games. Brock even won a horse for Addison while she was resting.
Brock won a prize throwing darts. He hit two little stars. He got a medium size tiger....impressive!




Brock and his tiger
Brock with the baby tiger he got for participation...he gave this one to Ethan.
Addison venturing out to the water after she got to feeling better
I was afraid she was going to fall in the water while trying to touch a lily pad
I love the flag of Texas....I think Michael should do this in front of our house next year!



Fall photos.....

After Addison recovered, she was ready to pop some balloons. She did a great job. We decided that we need this game at our next birthday party!

We met up with Ethan one last time for cotton candy at the end of the day.


It was a great day! I am trying not to think about how much money we spent and focus on the fact that our kids had a great day! Now it is time to start saving up for next year's fair.


One more thing.....we got to peek down the tunnel to the football field where the beating will take place next weekend. My kids proudly wore their OU things to the TEXAS state fair! Boomer Sooner!





3 comments:

Holly said...

Looks like so much fun!!

Wish we could see you guys this weekend!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh it's just money and the kids had a wonderful, wonderful time it seems! I think Michael COULD do that flag in your front yard!

If I am moving out of the country you are going to have to be a better blogger my friend. I must keep up with my Brockman and Addison!

betsy green said...

Hey Kathy,
Your blog looks great! I wish you were right down the hall so I could ask you some "technical" questions like I used to! Looks like you all had a great time at the fair. Wish your (our) Sooners had won!