Saturday, June 6, 2009

Blessed and Honored

Thursday was our last day of school. Everyone that knows me as a teacher, knows that I give 110% to my job. I don't see it as a job, but an honor that I get to change lives every day. I love the fact that I am able to be a part of a child transform from a nonreader to a fluent and confident reader. It is amazing!

I just complete my 12th year of teaching. This has been my best year of teaching so far. I had 22 wonderful students who also had very supportive and appreciative parents. A few weeks ago, I was treated like royalty during teacher appreciation week. I was given pedicures, gift cards, chocolate, sweet tea, smoothies, and more! I was honored. The parents went above and beyond to let me know how appreciated I was. On Thursday, my amazing room mom came in was a beautiful bouquet of flowers that had numerous gift cards in it. I was shocked. Here is a sample of what I got (I have already used one of them!) This is another gift I received. I LOVE this cross and my family loved the chocolate (not pictured because it is almost gone).

The flowers


My room mom also gave me a Brighton bracelet with crosses all around.

I LOVE IT!!
She is an amazing woman!



I did appreciate all the gifts, although I was a bit embarrassed by the generosity. The most meaningful gift came from the internet. I have a mom who recently starting blogging. She wrote a post about me....it was very touching. I love this family. I think I will adopt them so that I can keep them in my life forever!

Check out their family blog @ http://www.rockwallcruzfamily.blogspot.com/

Friday I had to go wrap things up at school. After I got home, Michael and I went to the Melting Pot to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Before we went inside, Michael gave me a beautiful bracelet from James Avery. He knew I loved James Avery! His next move was more touching though....he let Addison pick out a pair of earrings for me, as well.



We had a beautiful dinner. It was a great way to celebrate 10 great years. We have come a long way.....we still have a long road ahead, but the journey keeps getting better each day.

One more week before we hit the beach.....YEAH!!!



4 comments:

Holly said...

It was only my 1st year teaching and I already LOVE it....Congrats on all your wonderful gifts! And Happy Anniversary!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I have missed you blogging! What a great year and what wonderful people God placed in your life last year.

P.S. James Avery rocks!

Murphy family said...

We will definitely miss you next year! Hope to see you soon. So glad you are having fun in AL. As you have been told many times you are a great teacher, and I am so thankful to have had you in our lives. School experiences from early on are sooo important. Though I will say that I think administration should be required to disseminate full disclosure regarding Oklahoma fans as teachers. It was sort of like bringing home a puppy...by the time I realized I was "allergic" to you, I was already attached!
Enjoy your summer!

Theresa said...

Just found some time to check your blog. I'm up from being so stuffed up that I can't sleep. I have a sinus infection, strep throat and larengitis(sp?). So sweet of you to post about my blog, we just love you. Owen asked me the other day if I thought you missed him. I told him I was sure you did and asked him if he missed you, to which he said, "Mommy, I miss her so much and wish I could tell her all about VBS cuz it is so cool and she would love to hear about it." I smiled at that. When I'm feeling better than death, I'll give you a call and maybe we can meet for lunch with the kids or something. Looking forward to seeing a post of your vacation soon. Take care.