Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Conversation in the Back Seat

This was the conversation in the back seat of the car on the way home from VBS.
***************************
Addison: Brock, you missed the best part of bible school today.
Brock: What was that?
Addison: We watched a movie about a girl getting baptized in a lake.
The girl had her head dunked in the lake. You know why that is cool...when we get baptized here, we only get to go into a tub like thing.
Brock: What is baptized?
Addison: It is when you ask Jesus into your heart (she said heart with the stress on the "r" the way kids do ;)
Brock: When you do that then you can walk on water.
Addison: No, you can't.
Brock: Yes, you can.
Then the debate starts....I TRY to step in and solve the problem.
Me: Brock, only Jesus can walk on water.
Brock: No, you can after you are baptized.
Me: No, Brock only Jesus can walk on water. We can't walk on water even after we are baptized.
Addison: Actually Mom, Peter can walk on water too. Do you remember that?
Me: Yes, Addison, I do remember that. Thank you for correcting me!
**********************************
I'm done! My daughter is officially smarter than me!

No comments: