Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My other babies

Yesterday, Michael and I took the kids and met my mother in Sherman so they could go to VBS in Oklahoma. They were looking forward to being in the country and riding the horses.
****************************************************************
Michael and I spent some time in Sherman shopping at Sam's, Gander Mountain, & Tractor Supply. I know...those are a girls favorite stores. Last night we had a nice adult meal at Texas Roadhouse. It was Michael's late father's day meal. It was delicious!
*****************************************************************
This morning, Michael hung curtains for me in our bathroom and both of the kids rooms. Then he headed to town to mow. I took my other babies to the beauty shop and came home to a completely empty house. It felt so weird. Since storms were moving in, I let our big baby in the house so I didn't have to be all alone. I can't remember when I was without kids, husband, & dogs. All is well, though, as I type Allie Belle is curled up in my lap. She is taking full advantage of the kids being gone.
******************************************************************
I took advantage of the kids absence, as well, and cleaned out their closets and dressers. I now have 5 trashbags of clothes to pass on to the next child. The bathrooms are my next project. I have a new scrub brush ready to go.
******************************************************************
Tomorrow Michael is planning on playing golf with the boys, if the weather permits. I am going to have lunch with my friends in Rockwall and possibly do a little shopping.
********************************************************************
Our plans for tonight include a big bag of popcorn, a Dr. Pepper, and a big t.v.
Go Celtics!!
I do not like the Lakers...
*******************************************************************
Dottie posing with her new hair cut. Allie Belle is completely depressed.
She can't believe that I leave her at the groomers.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I am sure the kids will have a nice time in Oklahoma. Uncle Kell was looking forward to seeing them!

I bet it is nice just being you guys this week! Enjoy!

Baker Family said...

I am so jealous of your time without kids! I am so sick of mine after this week! :) Chris and I decided that our next vacation is just the two of us and our kids can stay with the grandparents. hehe