Sunday, June 8, 2008

One of the best....

Michael and I went out on Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary. Sallee and Blaine kept the kids and we headed to Addison to eat at the Melting Pot. My best friend from high school introduced me to this restaurant and I wanted Michael to see how great it is.
We began our meal with a cheddar cheese fondue, in which we dipped breads, veggies & apples. Then we had our dinner salads. Our main course was a mix of fabulous meat, including shrimp, lobster, New York strip, chicken, pork, etc. I think it was a few bites of every meat I have ever heard of. I can't remember the name of the fondue broth we cooked it in, but it was delicious. We also enjoyed red potatoes, squash, mushrooms and broccoli. Then came my favorite part....dessert. We had the flaming turtle chocolate fondue. They sat it on fire and then we dipped cheesecake, pound cake, strawberries, bananas, rice crispies and brownies.
Dinner was outstanding, but being alone with Michael was the best part. It was so nice to have an adult conversation. It was one of the best nights we have had in a very long time!
A very special thank you to Sallee and Blaine. You are always there when we need you....my favorite Texas parents!


2 comments:

Holly said...

I am so glad you guys had a night to yourselves!! :)

I am sure you enjoyed every minute!!

Happy Anniversary!

The Byrd's Nest said...

That sounds fabulous! What a great husband you have there!